The Council on State Support to Non-Governmental Organizations under the Auspices of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan announces the 1st grant competition on financing NGO projects for the year of 2019
The Council on State Support to Non-Governmental Organizations under the Auspices of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan (hereinafter referred to as “Council”) calls upon NGOs that have been registered in the Republic of Azerbaijan to participate in the grant competition (hereinafter referred to as “competition”) of 2019.
The Council supports the projects on the following topics in accordance with the “Concept of State Support to non-governmental organizations of the Republic of Azerbaijan”:
1. Initiatives on formation of political-legal and civic culture, ensuring human rights and freedoms, promoting freedom of expression, opinion and expression;
2. Acknowledging the international community about regional security, humanitarian and socio-economic problems arisen as a result of Armenia's aggression against Azerbaijan;333. Initiatives on solving social issues of martyr families, refugees,
3. internally displaced persons, persons with disabilities, veterans and other vulnerable social groups;
4. Initiatives on protecting the rights of prisoners of war, hostages and missing persons as a result of the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict;
5. Initiatives on protection of people’s health and environment;
6. Initiatives on development of primary, secondary and higher education, culture and art;
7. Initiatives on stimulating entrepreneurship environment that covers production and service sectors for socio-economic development of regions;
8. Initiatives on expanding the activity internationally to increase tourism attractiveness of the country;
9. Initiatives on social, physical and spiritual development of family, women and children;
10. Initiatives on fight against human trafficking;
11. Initiatives on institutional capacity building of agricultural cooperatives, as well as various regional and regional associations of agricultural producers;
12. Organization of awareness-raising events among entrepreneurs in the country on expanding the access of agricultural producers to agricultural products and access to foreign markets;
13. "Initiatives against illegal trafficking of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and precursors and drug addiction, including Human Immunodeficiency Virus / Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (HIV / AIDS);
14. Initiatives on the promotion of the ideas of Azerbaijanism and military patriotism;
15. Initiatives for the protection of national interests in Internet information resources, including social networks;
16. Initiatives on promoting religious values and fighting against radical religious movements;
17. Initiatives on protecting children from harmful effects of Internet information resources.
The NGOs participating in the competition must have a staff member (expert) who has the potential to be involved in the relevant areas in solving the problem.
Duration of the projects
Projects can last from 2 up to 8 months.
Amount of the grant
- Maximum amount of the project for the NGOs that registered until the end of 2017 can be 10000 (ten thousand) manats.
- The NGOs that registered after January 1, 2018 can apply with project proposals amounting to no more than 3000 (three thousand) manats.
Applications and projects are received electronically starting from November 15, 2018. The competition is held on 5 stages:
- 1st stage – registration of applications and acceptance of project proposal;
This stage covers the period between November 15 and December 17, 2018 until 18:00.
- 2nd stage – Technical selection of applications;
This stage covers the period between November 15 and December 17, 2018. Submitted application and additional documents are investigated and electronic notification is sent to NGO on the status of application registration.
- 3rd stage – Technical selection of project documents;
This stage covers the period between November 15 and December 24, 20188. Submitted project proposals and additional documents are investigated and electronic notification is sent to NGO on the status of application registration.
- 4th stage – expertise of registered project documents;
This stage covers the period between December 26, 2018 and January 28, 2019. Each of the registered project documents is evaluated by at least 2 experts separately and confidentially in this stage.
- 5th stage – discussion in the Council and announcement of winners;
Competition winners will be determined by the decision of the Council’s meeting after February 15, 2019. Information about the results of the competition will be announced on the official website of the Council and other internet information resources.
Informational session on the competition will be held in the Council’s office (Fikrat Amirov 1, 2nd floor) on November 23, 2018 at 15:00.
Instruction on the use of e-applications for participation in the competition can be found in the section of e-application. For further information, please contact the advisors of the Council’s Secretariat, Tural Huseynli and Elnur Baghirli.
Tel/fax: (012) 493 17 32/80 (Ext: 250/270).